Today was also Zoo field trip day for one of my preschool classes. Last week Janessa had joined Carson and I with the other class. This time, Janessa spent the day at a friend's house and I took all three of the older boys (had them skip school to join us). It was wonderful! We have a zoo pass and have gone several times this year, but Janessa can only handle a couple of hours and I spend most of my time chasing her around. Today, on the other hand, we were able to spend the entire day there and I could just focus on wonderful learning experiences with the boys. Most of all, though, I absolutely loved spending the time with them and watching their enthusiasm for learning and feeding their curiosity. It was such a great day! We stayed until it closed for the evening (long after the rest of the preschool friends had gone home). The last few hours it felt almost as though we had the entire place to ourselves.
Some zoo highlights . . .
- Getting up close and personal with two sleepy lions . . .
- Passing out birthday treats while eating lunch with preschool friends
- Wild Animal encounter with snakes from Africa and getting a chance to ask questions (Jaron had a ton!) and get great answers.
- Getting up close and personal with the farm animals . . .
- And cooling off at the end of the day in the children's we play area.
I absolutely loved spending the day with the three older boys just exploring, learning, and not worrying about getting anywhere or doing anything except just having a wonderful day together. They are such great kids and feel so blessed to be their mother.